Boston College Stays Unbeaten After Win Over NEC
Boston College faced its toughest challenge of the fall so far from ECRC newcomers New England College, holding off the Lions for a 27-16 victory.
NEC gave BC their first real test, becoming the first team to score against them this fall. Despite allowing 16 points, skilled execution by the Eagles was evident on both sides of the field as Tom Whittam scored two tries for Boston College, while Joey D'Antonio and Connor Shaw added one each. Ten second-half Boston College points were scored during a yellow card with NEC a man down (All American scrum half Ian Luciano).
With the win, Boston College moves to 4-0 in the ECRC, tied for first in the conference with AIC (who beat Fairfield over the weekend).
Tweets from @BCRFCnews
- Time expires with BC defeating NEC, 27-16.
- NEC try, kick missed. 27-16 BC.
- Kaiser Willy Hock '18 steals a fumbled lineout followed by some great line work to end with a Whittam try and D'Antonio kick. 27-11 after 72
- D'Antonio kicks for points to put BC up 20-11 after 65'
- D'Antonio breaks through a tough defense to score a try up the sideline. 17-11 after 55'
- NEC with another kick for points. 12-11 BC still in the lead
- NEC try and kick is wide. Half ends 12-8 with BC leading.
- Shaw with the try after a great line break by Demakos. D'Antonio hits the kick to go up 12-3 with 7' left in the half.
- NEC kicks for points. 5-3 BC
- Tom Whittam '17 with a try scoring run up the sideline on a kick-counter attack. Kick is wide, 5-0 after 23'
- Yellow card on NEC player for a high tackle and late hit. Still scoreless after 15'