Clemson defeats UVA 24-11
UVA came out hard against Clemson in Charlottesville on Sunday taking an early lead into the half, but in the end it was the Tigers 24-11. Four Clemson Tigers scored including Brandon Phan, Alex Wohlers, Colin Gregory and Matthew Absher.
Clemson goes to 4-0 in the ACRL. UVA is now 1-1-1, having tied NC State and defeated Wake Forest.
Clemson Tigers Twitter Feed
- UVA starts the game off with a PK. UVA up 3-0
- Skonecki injured on play. Collins will replace. Still 3-0 UVA
- UVA scores off errant Clemson pass. UVA leads 8-0
- Quick tap by Brandon Phan leads to another penalty by the Cavaliers. Referee awards penalty try.
- Tigers trail 7-8 at halftime.
- UVA converts a PK to go up 11-7 in the second half.
- Alex Wohlers scores off the driving lineout. Tigers up 14-11
- Off the ensuing kickoff the Tigers string together beautiful offloads that ends with a Colin Gregory try. Tigers up 19-11
- Matthew Absher scores off the driving lineout to put the Tigers up 24-11
- The final whistle blows. Tigers win 24-11.
- Thank you to UVA for a great game and being great hosts
1) McGowan 2) Wohlers 3) Barnhill 4) Kramlick 5) Helstrom 6) Dyson 7) Zaloom 8) Jaldin
9) Phan (captain) 10) Skonecki 11) Krupp 12) Stewart 13) Sheehy 14) Pantalena 15) Lanonth