Indiana Wins the Big Ten Set to Play Kutztown
Indiana defeated OSU 34-14 in Rockford, IL for the Big Ten Universities Rugby Conference (BTU) championship. IU heads to the @ACRCBowlSeries to play Rugby East champion Kutztown.
Last year, Ohio lost to Wisconsin in the title match. This year, the Buckeyes face a very strong (and undefeated) Indiana Hoosiers.
- And the @BTURugby championship game is underway!
- OSU with a turnover off the opening kick which IU converts. Two OSU players injured on the play. Kick is good. OSU down 0-7 early
- Wing JoJo Eramo is up but it looks like center Ryan Skelly is done for the day. Brandon Heidinger on in replacement
- @OSURugby answers immediately. Matt Stauder steals the kickoff and @sfreitag91 is over the line. Kick by @RabbitRugby is good. We're tied 7-7
- OSU penalty leads to an IU 5-meter lineout which they maul over for a score in the left corner. Kick is good. OSU trails 7-14 after 12 mins
- IU still leading 14-7. OSU with a scrum inside their own 22
- #Buckeyes with a lineout deep in IU territory
- #Buckeyes over the line but held up. OSU 5-meter scrum
- Matt Stauder scores for the #Buckeyes and the conversion is pending as an injured Hoosier is tended to.
- Kick by @RabbitRugby is good and were tied 14-14 nearing the end of the half
- Halftime here in Rockford with the Hoosiers and #Buckeyes tied 14-14
- Second half is underway. IU with a lineout at their own 5
- #Buckeyes appear to score but are called for a double move on the ground. IU clears the penalty kick
- Good night nurse! Jake Hidalgo with the try on the outside to make the score 19-14 IU.
- Conversion is good. 21-14 Hoosiers.
- Teddy with the amazing penalty kick to make the score 24-14 Hoosiers.
- Alex Dorrier slicing through the defense like butter to score the try. Conversion no good. 29-14 Hoosiers
- Captain Bryce Campbell with try and conversion missed to make the score 34-14
- What a time to be alive..
- Your Indiana Hoosiers win the Big Ten championship and remain undefeated for the third season! #3peat #complete
IU defeated defending champs Wisconsin last week, while Ohio took care of Michigan in Ann Arbor.
In addition to the BTU championship game between Indiana and Ohio State at 4:30 p.m., there is a third-place contest between Michigan and Wisconsin at 2:30 p.m. and a B-Side Championship game featuring Wisconsin and Indiana at 12:30 p.m.