Tennessee goes to the SCRC Final with a 30-13 Win over Florida
Tennessee defeated SCRC West runner-up Florida today by a score of 30-13. Tennessee will meet the winner of the other SCRC semi featuring Alabama and South Carolina at the @ACRCBowlSeries in Charlotte, NC on Nov 21st.
SCRC East champion Tennessee hosts SCRC West runner-up Florida. The winner will meet the winner of the other SCRC semi featuring Alabama and South Carolina at the @ACRCBowlSeries in Charlotte, NC on Nov 21st.
2015 SCRC Championship Match »
- Vols ready to kickoff against Florida for the SCRC semi finals.
- Josh Landon rolls into the try zone off a line-out to maul. Conversion no good. 5-0
- Tough scrum downs are proving to be a factor for both sides today.
- Florida uses their forwards to pound in a try after a penalty. 5-7
- Florida kicks at posts for a penalty. 5-10
- Tennessee uses the maul to answer back. Conversion no good. 10-10
- Dylan Craven and the forward pack add another try. Andrew Sayers converts. 17-10
- Florida takes advantage of mistakes with another PK. 17-13
- Andrew Sayers uses his boot to strike back with a PK. 20-13
- Halftime 20-13 A hard fighting match.
- Josh Landon uses a maul to score his second try. Conversion no good. 25-13
- Jack Donlon gallops down the sideline for a try. Conversion no good. 30-13
- Tennessee finishes against a tough Florida. 30-13 final from Knoxville
- Vols rugby continue their undefeated season to move onto the SCRC finals.
(#1 East) defeated South Carolina 17-14 on Oct. 31 in Columbia, SC to claim the East Division title. The Vols finished the fall 6-0 in conference play and earned the right to meet Florida at home in Knoxville for semifinal action Nov. 14.
(#2 West) notched wins over Auburn and Mississippi State in earning a second-place spot in the SCRC West Division.