2014 Bowl Series
#UBowlSeries High-level collegiate rugby competition was evident in Charlotte, N.C. Nov. 21-22, 2014 at the inaugural American Collegiate Rugby Championships Bowl Series. This series of matched, in traditional bowl format, the very best college rugby teams from around the country to Charlotte’s Rugby Athletic Center.
URugby Bowl Series Schedule
Friday November 21st
4:00 North Mech High School vs William A. Hough High School
5:45 Iona College vs Boston College
7:30 Texas State University vs North Carolina State
Saturday November 22nd
9:30am Western Michigan University vs Life University JV
11:15am American International College vs MAC#1 Bowling Green
1:00pm Kutztown University vs University of Michigan
2:45pm West Virginia University vs Stony Brook University
4:30pm UMass vs North Texas
6:15pm Army vs Life University
8:00pm Clemson University vs South Carolina
URugby ACRC Bowl Series Related Links
Playoff Race in Full Swing in SCRC »
Fierce Fight for Top Spot in Rugby East »
Conference Update: ECRC Puzzle »
Conference Update: Keystone Semi Final Matches »
Eight Championship Rugby Bowl Games
The ACRC Bowl Series featured eight championship bowl games over two days. Many of the participating teams are selected based on their finish in their respective collegiate conferences. The event also anticipates including local high school matches.
The tournament is managed by URugby, a division of Sevens Sports LLC, a sports event management and marketing company specializing in creating great experiences around the sport of rugby.
Charlotte’s state-of-the-art Rugby Athletic Center, a sports and events venue located just three miles from downtown, boasts well-lit fields, locker rooms, modern facilities and meeting rooms. Food, concessions and souvenirs will be available on site.
Competition gets underway under the lights Friday evening Nov. 21, and heats up Saturday as the best college teams in the nation take to the pitch to compete for hardware and glory.
Be a part of the inaugural ACRC Bowl Series. A variety of sponsorship opportunities are available. Contact sponsor@URugby.com or call Stephen Siano 610.389.4474
ACRC Bowl Series Committed Conferences and Teams
- Atlantic Coast Rugby League — Clemson, Maryland, North Carolina State, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest, North Carolina
- Big Conference — University of Michigan
- East Coast Rugby Conference — AIC, Boston College, UMass, Middlebury, UConn, Northeastern, Albany
- Empire Rugby Conference — Stony Brook, US Merchant Marine Academy, Binghamton, Brockport, Syracuse, Colgate, Fordham
- Keystone Rugby Conference — West Virginia, Pittsburgh, Saint Joseph’s, Temple, Millersville, Rutgers, Shippensburg, West Chester
- Mid American Conference — Bowling Green, Western Michigan, Central Michigan, Ball State, Northern Illinois, Miami of Ohio, University of Dayton, Ohio University, Cincinnati, Louisville
- Rugby East Conference — Iona, Kutztown, Army, St. Bonaventure, Buffalo, Penn State, Wheeling Jesuit
- Southeastern Collegiate Rugby Conference — South Carolina, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi State, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Auburn, Louisiana State, Ole Miss
- Southwest Collegiate Rugby Conference — Texas State, U. North Texas, Rice, U. Houston and Stephen F. Austin
- Independent — Life University
Read more about the American Collegiate Rugby Championships Bowl Series »
About Fifteens Rugby
Fifteens rugby, the progenitor of modern American football, is a fast-paced contest played with 15 players per side. Balls are passed back frequently as players attempt to "touch down" the ball into the try zone, creating near-non-stop action on the field. Though mainly played as a club sport in the U.S., rugby is rapidly gaining popularity and even varsity status at many schools. The sport of rugby returns to the Summer Olympics in 2016 for the first time in 92 years.
URugby manages premier sporting events for collegiate and club rugby teams across the United States. We produce the American Collegiate Rugby Championship Bowl Series in Charlotte, N.C. in the fall (Nov 21-22 '14), the URugby Challenge Cup (an inter-conference collegiate sevens tournament) in the spring (Apr 11-12 '15) and Surfside Sevens-branded summer tournaments in Virginia Beach, Va. (Apr 25-26 '15) and Stone Harbor, N.J. (July 17-19 '15).
Our mission is to provide teams, fans and vendors with spectacular experiences capturing the excitement, high-level competition and camaraderie of collegiate and club rugby.